[Air-l] maybe a silly question.. but

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 27 18:19:39 PDT 2006

A more complex question are these sites social navigation systems or
do they have that potential? Are these better than the simple
"recommend a book" or "what others have bought" systems like at
Amazon.com

If a music group can become a hit on myspace does this mean social
navigation was how they did it?

Are the engineers at myspace reading the same research I am reading
on social navigation?

which is Munro, Alan J. & Höök, Kristina. & Benyon, David. eds.
Social Navigation of Information Space (London, UK: Springer, 1999)

Peter

On 27-Aug-06, at 5:09 PM, radhika gajjala wrote:

> why not ask, right?
>
> Is livejournal a "social networking system"? why or why not? What
> about You tube?

> --
> Radhika Gajjala

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006)
Tel: 001-613-729-8328
Community Informatics Practitioner
Email: ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Yahoo ID: crystal_computing
Skype ID: peter.timusk

Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.

Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work