[Air-l] Is Myspace dying? Or a dead site trading?

Hugemusic hmusic at ozemail.com.au
Thu Dec 7 18:25:08 PST 2006

Found this article a little late:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/28/AR2006102800803_pf.html

This has been a pet theory of mine for some time, though for different reasons. Previous attempts to generate discussion failed ... further analysis here: http://www.puddlegum.net/?q=myspace-dying

But this is a phenomenon that cannot be ignored.  MySpace wanted to make their presence in people lives "permanent" - but can this be acheived, or is the phenomonology of the Internet so transient that these things will come and go like the seasons?  My own recent experience of MySpace is singularly unsatisfying ...

Or is this just a case of an immature market??

WDYR??

BTW - another (related) pet theory: Google don't give a damn about Youtube as a business.  They bought it as a research tool to investigate indexing video and audio materials, just as they bought Blogger to experiment with link traps and their search algorythm ... or am I just being a consiracy theorist???

Please discuss.

Cheers,
Hughie

BTW - are you an independent Muso?  If so, you ought to complete my survey at http://polling.nationalforum.com.au/index.php?sid=4. If not, you need to tell every independent muso you know about it.