[Air-l] The internet and time

beatrice bittarello m_bittarello at yahoo.it
Fri Dec 8 01:55:41 PST 2006

Hi Abi,

  This article by Mark Nunes focuses on time, space and the Internet. He draws upon both Virilio and Baudrillard.

Nunes, Mark, “Jean Baudrillard in Cyberspace: Internet, Virtuality, and Postmodernity”, Style 29.2 (Summer 1995): 314-327

  Best Wishes,

  M. Beatrice Bittarello
  PhD candidate
  SLCR
  University of Stirling, Scotland

Abigail Groves <a.groves at student.unsw.edu.au> ha scritto:
  Sarah,
I am interested in the experience of time among users, but also in the effects
of the internet on time more broadly. Paul Virilio does seem the obvious
choice but surely there are others?
Abi

Quoting Sarah Robbins :

> Abigail: "Time" in what respect? perceptions of passing time? immediacy?
> please explain.
> Sarah
>
> On 12/7/06, Abigail Groves wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I am writing about the internet and its effects on time. I was wondering
> > if anyone could suggest some readings on this topic?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Abigail Groves
> >
> > PhD Candidate
> > National Centre in HIV Social Research