[Air-l] Answering questions on mailing lists & general mailing list notes

Bonnie Nardi nardi at ics.uci.edu
Sat Dec 16 10:00:52 PST 2006

I can go either way on this but being  "risk averse" as my kids are
always telling me, it seems that the rare but sometimes very
embarrassing mis-posts can easily be averted with a simple click. Hurt
feelings can result from such posts. There is community value in
helping people avoid such incidents.

I don't see a big burden in clicking reply-all. We have many other real
burdens with technology like remembering different passwords and user
names, buggy software, lack of functionality, etc. Maybe we are
focusing on this because we can control it.

--

Bonnie

Bonnie A. Nardi
School of Information and Computer Sciences
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3425
(949) 824-6534
www.artifex.org/~bonnie/