[Air-l] online journals

James W Craine james.w.craine at csun.edu
Sun Dec 17 13:41:41 PST 2006

fyi the first issue on Aether: The Journal Of Media Geography will come out in May of 2007 with 1(2) and 1(3) right behind it - the Internet is a form of media that we geographers engage in a spatial context and anyone from any discipline is encouraged to submit - we are especially seeking research on Internet spatialities of any kind - the journal is peer-reviewed and our editorial board consists of many of the leadiing figures in geography of media research - we opted for the online format so we could include publications and research such as video, photography and Internet-based projects that stand outside the domain of normative on-ground publications. Our official webpage will be 'unveiled' at our annual professional meeting in San Francisco in April and 1(1) will consist of short pieces by the editorial board - 1(2) will consist of papers delivered at the conference and 1(3) will then be our first issue open to all submissions - until the webpage becomes officially avail!
!
able please feel free to email me for submission guidelines and an html version of the website

James Craine
Department of Geography
California State University, Northridge
Aether Editor