[Air-l] Phenomenographic research methodology

'Gail Taylor gdtaylor at uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 27 08:02:59 PST 2006

I am currently doing a literature search to locate articles reporting the findings of phenomenographic studies of human-technology relationships. In particular, studies where the researcher had participants produce a drawing of their relationships as one of the data collection methodologies.
I am doing some brainstorming on how this research methodology might be used to explore employee-technology relationships in work environments where social and technical system interactions are self-goverened or governed by policies and procedures developed and enformed by members of management.

I am finding this research method is popular among researchers in the medical sciences, and looking for studies that have been conducted in other fields of practice. Any assistance and/or advice about using this research methodology would be appreciated!

Gail Taylor, M.Ed.
Human Resource Education Ph.D. Student
Educational Psychology Teaching Assistant