[Air-l] unesco young scholars program

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri Dec 29 14:50:31 PST 2006

(sorry for the u.s. bias, i'm reposting it from someone on my blogroll)

UNESCO's Young Professionals Program (YPP) is extremely competitive.
However, However, the United States is an "underrepresented state" in
that we have fewer than our proportionate number of employees on the
UNESCO staff (due largely to the fact that the United States had
withdrawn from the organization for so many years). Each under-
represented member state is allowed to submit twelve candidates for
further consideration by UNESCO. U.S. candidate applications are
reviewed by the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. This year there
were some outstanding candidates from the United States, and their
applications have been forwarded to UNESCO with the endorsement of
the National Commission and the Department of State. Alex Zemak, the
Deputy Executive Director of the U.S. National Commission informs our
editor that "Americans for UNESCO's representative Andre Varchaver
contributed greatly to our Young Professional Review panel this year".

http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-
URL_ID=11714&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

Jeremy Hunsinger
Pratt Institute
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal