[Air-l] writing effective questions to lists

Terry Calhoun splendid at umich.edu
Sat Dec 9 18:40:10 PST 2006

Wow, Barry. I think we're in the same place, although I would describe
it differently.

Your "Quick Guide" is:

"1. Be specific as to content and need.

2. Lurk on the list for a while to get a sense of its style.

3. Try to post something else first, so that you are contributing as well
as asking for information."

--
As co-editor of one of the longest continuously-transmitting email
newsletters ("SCUP Email News," since 1987) and administrator of one of