[Air-l] Community "Critical Mass"?

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri Dec 22 06:01:16 PST 2006

I agree with Alex, i was not suggesting that there is anything
perfect about any methodological perspective, they each have issues
and are useful.   I will say that most analytical methods are
empirical though.  Granted some are not, some analytical methods just
analyze abstractions.

In any case, I think the closest work in popular sociology on
critical mass, might be Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point