[Air-l] Fwd: [Linganth] T9 word completion & SMS literacy....

joshua raclaw Joshua.Raclaw at colorado.edu
Mon Dec 11 15:35:15 PST 2006

I'm sure there are more people familiar with SMS studies on this list than the
original - please address all responses to Richard off-list at
Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu.

----- Forwarded message from Richard J Senghas <Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu>
-----
    Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:15:31 +0100
    From: Richard J Senghas <Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu>
 Subject: [Linganth] T9 word completion & SMS literacy....
      To: linganth at ats.rochester.edu

Anybody out there aware of any recent work, especially anything with
ethnographic elements, that deals with the effects on literacy of
word-completion features in mobile phones?  (They appear as "T9"
options on my own mobile phone here in Sweden, not sure how they are
labeled elsewhere.)

-RJS

Richard J Senghas  (Professor of Anthropology, Sonoma State U,
California)
Visiting Researcher, Institutionen för nordiska språk
Stockholms universitet
S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Richard.Senghas at nordiska.su.se
Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu