[Air-l] JITP Referral Request

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:35:45 PST 2006

{Apologies for cross-postings}

Based on the advice of the Senior Editorial Board, I am writing to ask for
your input as I personally solicit submissions from scholars working in the
areas relevant to the Journal of Information Technology & Politics (JITP).
If there is someone you would like me to invite to prepare a manuscript for
submission to JITP, please visit the referral page at the link just below.

https://surveyweb2.ucsur.pitt.edu/jitp/db/

Based on your referral, I will write a personal e-mail invitation inviting
the scholar to consider JITP as a publishing outlet. The message will also
list the person (or persons) who made the referral and it will include
attachments with the Call for Papers, Instructions for Authors, and our
Referee Guidelines.

The referral web page will have fields for the first and last name of the
person you are recommending, as well as their e-mail address. It will also
ask for your first and last names and e-mail address. It should take only a
minute or less for each referral you send. Please send as many as you can!

Reading v.100 n.4 of the APSR (the flagship journal of the American
Political Science Association), I was struck by the fact that 100 years ago,
the inaugural editor of that journal struggled to get the flow of good
manuscripts started. Perhaps in the year 2106, longtime JITP readers will
marvel at the fact that this journal went through similar early growing
pains. With your help, I'm sure we can get the word out (and the manuscripts
in) to make JITP a long term success.

Many thanks,
~Stu

--