[Air-l] writing effective questions to lists

Alexis Turner subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Mon Dec 11 10:43:17 PST 2006

I don't think Abigail approached the question incorrectly at all.  By throwing a
vague question at a list of people who purportedly study the subject at hand, it
allows a very broad take on the question.  This sort of approach, I would hope,
is regularly used in academia.  Perhaps we would recognize it more easily by
its common name - brainstorming.
-Alexis