[Air-l] journal?

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Sun Dec 17 08:07:27 PST 2006

Colleagues,

I've been contacted by a younger scholar who has been asked to referee a
paper for a journal called "Transactions on Internet Research."

Suspicions are raised, however - see their website:
http://www.internetjournals.net

The journal is affiliated with the (in)famous IPSE conferences, and includes
author fees of more than 400  EURO.

The younger scholar notes warnings about this journal in the blogosphere as
well -

any additional thoughts, questions, comments - beginning with: I assume the
best advice to the younger colleague is to stay away?

cordially,
- charles

Distinguished Research Professor,
Interdisciplinary Studies <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html

Information Ethics Fellow, 2006-07, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, UW-Milwaukee
<http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ethics.html>
Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
Vice-President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
<http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23