[Air-l] journal?

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sun Dec 17 09:39:31 PST 2006

yes, it looks to me that this is actually the combined proceedings of
their Internet Research conference that ipsi did last year, it is
named slightly different from the Internet Research conference that
we have.

I personally would not recommend a scholar get involved with ipsi, if
they have a good paper, they should send it to a good and well
recognized journal.  If they have a paper that won't make it into
such a journal, then I'd encourage them to find a mentor in aoir or
at their own institution that can help them improve their paper in
order to get it published in a well recognized journal.  Here I am
not even thinking of journals with 'impact factors', of which there
are several related to aoir and its members, but just journals with
good subscription numbers and similar published materials.

There is also the Journal of Internet Research, which is published by
ScienceDirect/Elsevier I think, which might also be a possibility.

On Dec 17, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Charles Ess wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> I've been contacted by a younger scholar who has been asked to
> referee a
> paper for a journal called "Transactions on Internet Research."
>
> Suspicions are raised, however - see their website:
> http://www.internetjournals.net
>
> The journal is affiliated with the (in)famous IPSE conferences, and
> includes
> author fees of more than 400  EURO.
>
> The younger scholar notes warnings about this journal in the
> blogosphere as
> well -
>
> any additional thoughts, questions, comments - beginning with: I
> assume the
> best advice to the younger colleague is to stay away?
>
> cordially,
> - charles
>
> Distinguished Research Professor,
> Interdisciplinary Studies <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
> Drury University
> 900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
> Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
> Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
>
> Information Ethics Fellow, 2006-07, Center for Information Policy
> Research,
> School of Information Studies, UW-Milwaukee
> <http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ethics.html>
> Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
> Vice-President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
> Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
> <http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>
>
> Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23

jeremy hunsinger
Assistant Professor
Pratt Institute
www.cddc.vt.edu