[Air-l] Searching for materials on "Cyber-friendship"

Oren Golan msogolan at mscc.huji.ac.il
Wed Dec 20 12:01:56 PST 2006

Dear Abu Sadat Nurullah,

I have just completed my PhD on cyberfriendship among Israeli youth. Perhaps
you can find something useful from these references:

Adams, G. R. 1998. "The Demise of Territorial Determinism: Online
Friendship", in: Adams, R. G. & G. Allan (eds.). Placing Friendship in
Context. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Baym. N. K. 2000. Tune in Log on: Soaps, Fandom and Online Community.
Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

Mesch, G. S. 2001. "Social Relationships and Internet Use Among Adolescents
in Israel", Social Science Quarterly 82 (2): 329-339.

Mesch G. and I. Talmud. 2006. "Online Friendship Formation, Communication
Channels, and Social Closeness". International Journal of Internet Sciences
1 (1): 29-44.

Oliker, S. J. 1998. "The Modernization of Friendship: Individualism,
Intimacy and Gender in the Nineteenth Century", in: Adams, R. G. & G. Allan.
1998. (eds.), Placing Friendship in Context. Cambridge: Cambridge University
Press.

Parks, M. R. & F. Floyd. 1996. "Making Friends in Cyberspace", Journal of
Communication 46 (1). Also available at: Online Journal of Computer mediated
Communication 1 (4), See: http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol1/issue4/parks.html.