[Air-l] Location specific blogs

Daniel Sutko dmsutko at ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 21 10:48:56 PST 2006

Some University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) students are working
on a location-based podcast directory called "GoCast." Google Maps is
the interface, with podcast links as location flags, and each podcast
reflective of that particular location. The project started as a way
for musicians or audio artists to link music to a specific location,
but I believe the vision has grown to include walking tours of the
city, as well as individual blog-style podcasts based on a location.
The site is not public yet, but you can view the main page here:
http://gocast.org and you can contact aislinn at audiocartography.org
for more details. Sorry, but I don't recall the name attached to that
email. (Disclaimer: I am not involved with this project and only saw
a brief presentation on it.)

cordially,

Dan

about me:
This is my first posting to air-l. I'm a first-year master's student
and teaching assistant in the dept. of Communication at North
Carolina State University. Currently, my interests are in STS and the
relationship between ICTs, social networking, and the production/use
of social spaces.