[Air-l] Phenomenographic research methodology

Charlie Balch charlie at balch.org
Wed Dec 27 09:31:36 PST 2006

You might look at http://dilbert.com/ for pictures of human/technology
relationships.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org
[mailto:air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org] On Behalf Of 'Gail Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:03 AM
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Subject: [Air-l] Phenomenographic research methodology

I am currently doing a literature search to locate articles reporting the
findings of phenomenographic studies of human-technology relationships. In
particular, studies where the researcher had participants produce a drawing
of their relationships as one of the data collection methodologies.
I am doing some brainstorming on how this research methodology might be used
to explore employee-technology relationships in work environments where
social and technical system interactions are self-goverened or governed by
policies and procedures developed and enformed by members of management.

I am finding this research method is popular among researchers in the
medical sciences, and looking for studies that have been conducted in other
fields of practice. Any assistance and/or advice about using this research
methodology would be appreciated!