[Air-l] writing effective questions to lists

Thomas Nicolai thomas.nicolai at unisg.ch
Sun Dec 10 16:40:52 PST 2006

Abi!

In fact you can never be doing it the right way. Mailing
lists are sometimes like search engines:

"[...] the User needs to know what he wants to search for"

Probably you will struggle on the first "Try to find an
answer...." thingy! So if you don't know how and what to ask
for you need a starting point and that’s always hard if
you're a newbie to an issue as you can't ask more specific.
So ever heard about the term "mutability"? No, go and ask
someone on a medical mailing list. They will probably start
the same discussion.

I know how hard it is to be on research for your own without
"intensive" help from your advisors so keep posting, abi!

-Tom
PhD Student
Developer ScientificCommons.org