[Air-l] Community "Critical Mass"?

Hugemusic hmusic at ozemail.com.au
Thu Dec 21 19:06:47 PST 2006

Why? Because it answers the question that was asked.

As you rightly point out, there's a lot of questions math won't answer, and
you use other approaches for that, but to answer a question about "critical
mass" you need a formula - albeit one that has many extraneous factors, some
of which will be qualitative and informed by answering other questions using
other methods.

I have no problem with using other methods and approaches to answer other
questions, but this one fits the bill and should not be dismissed ... math
*can* help answer the question of critical mass.

Cheers,
Hughie