[Air-l] [Fwd: Announcing: H-Digirhet]

Douglas Eyman eymand at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 06:59:54 PST 2006

Greetings! I wanted to pass on the announcement of a new list dedicated
to exploring "digital rhetoric" -- what is it? How is it enacted? What
is the relationship between digital rhetoric and classical rhetoric,
digital rhetoric and visual rhetoric, digital rhetoric and digital
literacy? Please consider joining the conversation if you are interested
in questions like these. We're hoping for a broadly interdisciplinary
group, and I'm particularly hopeful that folks on this list will be
interested in signing up too. (And feel free to forward as appropriate,
thanks!)

Doug

ANNOUNCING H-Digirhet: H-Net Network for Digital Rhetoric

Member of: H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online

ABOUT H-Digirhet

H-Digirhet provides an online discussion space for teachers,
researchers, and scholars who are working at the intersections of
writing, rhetoric, communication, and digital technologies, focusing on
issues of digital composition, computer-mediated communication (CMC),
digital literacy, information and communication technologies (ICTs),
human-computer interaction (HCI) and digital rhetoric.

Like all H-Net lists, H-Digirhet is moderated to edit out material that,
in the editors' opinion, is not germane to the list, involves technical
matters (such as subscription management requests), is inflammatory, or
violates evolving, yet common, standards of Internet etiquette. H-Net's
procedure for resolving disputes over list editorial practices is
Article II, Section 2.20 of our bylaws, located at:

http://www.h-net.org/about/by-laws.php

H-Digirhet is currently edited by Douglas Eyman.

Logs and more information can also be located at:

http://www.h-net.org/~digirhet

To join H-Digirhet, please send a message from the account
where you wish to receive mail, to:

listserv at h-net.msu.edu

(with no signatures or styled text, word wrap off for long lines) and
only this text:

sub H-Digirhet firstname lastname, institution
Example: sub H-Digirhet Leslie Jones, Pacific State U

Alternatively, you may go to http://www.h-net.org/lists/subscribe.cgi to
perform the same function as noted above.

Follow the instructions you receive by return mail.  If you have
questions or experience difficulties in attempting to subscribe, please
send a message to:

help at mail.h-net.msu.edu

H-Net is an international network of scholars in the humanities and
social sciences that creates and coordinates electronic networks, using
a variety of media, and with a common objective of advancing humanities
and social science teaching and research. H-Net was created to provide a
positive, supportive, equalitarian environment for the friendly exchange
of ideas and scholarly resources, and is hosted by Michigan State
University. For more information about H-Net, write to
webstaff at mail.h-net.msu.edu, or point your web browser to:

http://www.h-net.org