[Air-l] "It can't be legal unless you pay for it"

David Brake d.r.brake at lse.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 09:58:23 PST 2006

Recent discussion of the legality (or otherwise) of downloading audio
reminded me of a recent news story here in the UK about a trading
standards officer (locally-based business 'policeman') who found
people selling discs with Firefox on it and complained to a
representative of the Mozilla Foundation that "I can't believe that
your company would allow people to make money from something that you
allow people to have free access to."

Copyleft and creative commons etc is evidently hard for many of the
'ordinary public' (or even supposed experts!) to understand...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-2051196,00.html

P.S. For more free to download and use audio, check out http://
opsound.org/

---
David Brake, Doctoral Student in Media and Communications, London
School of Economics & Political Science
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/study/
mPhilPhDMediaAndCommunications.htm>
Also see http://davidbrake.org/ (home page), http://blog.org/
(personal weblog) and http://get.to/lseblog (academic groupblog)
Author of Dealing With E-Mail - <http://davidbrake.org/
dealingwithemail/>
callto://DavidBrake (Skype.com's Instant Messenger and net phone)