[Air-l] need digital video editing help ASAP

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:44:06 PST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

We're offering a short/intensive course called "Digital Video Editing" here
at the University of the Virgin Islands.  The professor I hired for the
course just had a hospital emergency, and will not be able to teach the
course.

I need to either cancel the course OR find a Visiting Professor for this
brief opportunity.  Is there anyone out there who can:

1) Teach digital video editing from March 7-11, 2006 (yes, that's next
week!)
2) Fly free round trip to the Virgin Islands
3) Stay free in faculty housing on campus, with a balcony overlooking the
beach

Here are some of the qualifiers for the Visiting Professor:  We prefer
someone with a PhD in Communication or a related field who has taught a
course like this before, but significant experience in digital video
editing, particularly using Adobe Premiere, will substitute for a graduate
degree.

How does the class work?  Students on two islands meet in a videoconferenced
lab for class.  Class meets March 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
(with a one hour break).  Students completing projects must be able to
contact the professor via email or phone from March 11- April 11 to get
additional advice and guidance.

What are the Benefits, besides a free trip to the Caribbean? Remuneration
for the course is approximately $1,700 and lodging, plus airfare and
reimbursment for airport transportation, taxis, and meals.  Caveat: At this
short notice, we are limited in our ability to fly someone here from huge
distances, like Australia.  So the decision is somewhat determined by flight
prices, unless the Visiting Professor wanted to pay for part of his or her
airfare....all things are possible.

If you want to make this a mini-vacation, it's also optional to extend your
stay in the faculty apartment until March 14th.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you are interested, and please
include as much information about yourself up front so we can make a quick
decision.

Thanks for your help, and for passing this message along to others who might
be interested,

Annette Markham

Associate Professor and Program Chair, Communication Studies
University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewer's Bay
St. Thomas, USVI  00802-9990
(340) 626 2396 mobile