[Air-l] Event: plusminusITV

Niels Hendriks niels.hendriks at mda.khlim.be
Fri Feb 17 06:57:02 PST 2006

Dear all,

I would like to inform you about an event which will be held on the 9th of
March in Genk (Belgium).

www.plusminusitv.be

"The (Belgian) iTV debate has become a boring story in which interactivity
is nothing more than an empty buzzword.

A bold statement, we agree, but listen:

In December 2005, C-md (Communication and MultimediaDesign) kicked off its
Experimental Media course. The aim for the students was to develop a
prototype for a cross media programme for children. They came up with
experimental concepts that go beyond iTV as we know it.

PLUS MINUS iTV is the outcome of this experimental media course. In his talk
keynote speaker René Lansink (Utrecht School of Arts) will probe beyond the
limitations of contemporary interactive concepts and show that already today
cross media applications can offer a valuable alternative to the iTV story
as we know it.

How shall this event look like:
* Students shall present two prototype concepts

* Keynote talk by René Lansink

* An expert panel will give feedback on the feasibility of these concepts

* The debate on plus minus iTV is open

* Endless smalltalk on iTV and beyond + refreshments

Tags: interactive, viewers participation, television set, cross media,
mobile, experimental, engaging narratives.

So you should book this event in your agenda: March 9th 2006.
>> Find out more on www.plusminusitv.be."

The initial aim is to prove that no major technical backbone, nor a complex
revenue model is needed to work out engaging cross-media programs.

Hope to see you over there or hear about your comments via mail.

Kind regards,

Niels Hendriks
e-mail: niels.hendriks at mda.khlim.be
Skype: nielshendriks