[Air-l] Long-distance PhD

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Tue Feb 21 15:00:59 PST 2006

Hi everyone...

great to hear from you, Maria Elisa, - there are several distance PhD students studying at Curtin University - well, studying at home, but through Curtin uni! The experience is sometimes quite difficult because of the isolation; on the other hand, I know students also find it very helpful because they don't need to disrupt their lives and travel and be oncampus. Most of the students with us are older and have work commitments/ family commitments.

I hope that AoIR, and all of us on the air-l provide a sense of connection for you :)

Matt

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor Internet Studies
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org