[Air-l] teens and myspace

Dr. Jamie S. Switzer jamie.switzer at colostate.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:30:16 PST 2006

The "generation" concept is interesting. We had a discussion last night
in my New Com Techs and Society class about MySpace/Facebook. My
students are grad students, but have gone straight to grad school from
undergrad, so they're in their early/mid 20s. They admit being
"addicted," but also considered it a juvenile pursuit; they were
embarrassed to say they were members of that community.

Is Facebooking just another thing that "kids" grow out of? JS