[Air-l] email at school

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 23 17:45:25 PST 2006

Thanks that was interesting and sane. I guess I should blog my own
comments on this article. I really only became successful in school
with email available because I could focus in email on course
material rather than dropping in on offices where thoughts are
incomplete and partial.

I think some of these rules discussed are only variations on email
etiquette that everyone should read about before writing email.

Peter in Ottawa

On 23-Feb-06, at 7:50 PM, Aaron Clauset wrote:

> Tim Burke (Swarthmore College) has blogged about this article twice,
> both times with interesting discussion of the issue, and had one of
> the professors interviewed in the NYTimes article weigh-in on the
> topic.
>
> http://weblogs.swarthmore.edu/burke/
>
> On Feb 23, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Peter Timusk wrote:
>
>> Hi I find this interesting and you may too. As it is both about an
>> internet topic and about ourselves as people in schools and our email
>> use. i would be interested in discussing this or learning more about
>> it if others have examples or research sources on the topic.

Peter Timusk B.Math(2002) BA (2006) Carleton University
running MacOSX,  Debian 3.0 & 3.1,
WinXP &Win2K & Fedora Core 3
Community activist, statistics worker.
member IWW IU 620, CUPE 4600, USWA 9597
Nothing I write is intended to be representative of my employer, or
our clients. Nor do I alone speak for my unions.
Feel free to learn more about me at www.crystalcomputing.net
Computer ethics studies at www.webpagex.org
blogs http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net <- computers
http://notebook.webpagex.org <- school work