[Air-l] email at school

GTa3411203 at aol.com GTa3411203 at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 04:14:07 PST 2006

I'm also interested in this topic. I had some email contacts a year or so ago
with a couple of the opponents. I'm traveling right now but will take some
time to look back through the email archives after getting home to see what
articles were passed along to me.

I have taught 200+ undergraduate students at the university over the course
of the last 2 years. I keep virtual office hours. Students have access to me
24/7 via email, text messaging, and telephone (mobile and home phones). Email
has been the most popular communication technology up until recently. I
established a Facebook account last November and current and former students are
starting to find me. They are using the email exchange feature of this technology
to keep in touch as well as other features, such as poking and writing on the
wall.

I create a student-centered learning environment. It would be interesting to
know if faculty who create student-centered learning environments are more
open to using email, and other communication technologies, to interact with
students than those who create teacher-centered learning environments.

-- Gail

Gail Taylor, M.Ed.
Human Resource Education Ph.D. Student
Educational Psychology Teaching Assistant