[Air-l] Downloading music

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Mon Feb 27 14:56:32 PST 2006

Jeremy:

Can you provide a url link to John Logie's paper? I am conducting
research on edutainment and convergence and this issue is becoming a
propaganda battle between the companies who can lobby and persuade
lawmakers and the consumers who value fair use. This is beginning to
look like total capitalism which is different from the old style of
capitalism. Globalism has seemed to bring out the worst in too many
businesses. Here is a revolutionary idea. Provide a good product
inexpensively and you will not have to worry about illegal activity.
Hence, the reason iTunes has over a billion downloads in just a few
years and WalMart is the king of the retailing world. I am not saying
that these institutions are perfect but they seem to get it when it
comes to their customers more often than not. Suing your customers is
simply mistreating your customers and if the music industry is not
careful they may create competitors on the web who outsell them in ten
years and who refuse to sell their businesses. Remember the old days
when Erols led the world in video rentals until Blockbuster annihilated
them, and now NetFlix and others are killing hurting Blockbuster because
of convergence.