[Air-l] teens and myspace

Andrea Forte aforte at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 28 08:22:59 PST 2006

I'm in the middle of a Facebook study myself right now and one of the
things I find fascinating is the ways that students integrate these new
channels into an "ecology" of communication technologies. For example,
apparently there are things you can say on Facebook in a message that you
can't say in email or IM, and that you wouldn't write on someone's
Facebook wall.

The ways that young people (these are generally late teens) appropriate
communication channels is quite nuanced. It occurs to me that "online" or
"the Internet" may not be the appropriate level of granularity here.

			-Andrea Forte (aforte at cc.gatech.edu)