[Air-l] AIR in Vancouver in 2007?

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Tue Feb 28 16:18:55 PST 2006

Dear fellow AIR members,

As a break from the current discussions on teens and IM and SMS and
all that, I have a question. Want to come to Vancouver in 2007?

I had a wonderful time at the AIR conference in Chicago last fall,
and I am looking forward to Brisbane this fall (spring there, I
guess). A few years ago I was at the Maastricht and Toronto AIR
conferences and enjoyed those, as well. All of which is a preface to
my seeming madness at what I am about to propose - hosting the next,
next AIR (2007) in Vancouver, Canada. I think it is time to give
something back.

I haven't done a formal proposal yet, and only spoken about it to a
few people here in Vancouver, so if others are thinking similarly and
are further along, let me know and I can tag along. If others think
this is a good idea and would like to help out - please contact me
directly (smith at sfu.ca). If you think this is a bad idea and I should
NOT pursue it, I'd certainly like to hear about that, too!

I will be approaching the executive in the next week or so, with a
few cost estimates and suggestions for venues. I think we can have a
fun, interesting, and exciting conference here in Vancouver, and I
look forward to showing you our lovely home. In the mean time,
feedback is most welcome.

...r

--
Richard Smith, Associate Professor School of Communication
Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, CANADA