[Air-l] air-l Digest, Vol 17, Issue 17

Dr.Tim drtlhaupt at swissinfo.org
Tue Jan 3 18:04:34 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
 In a message dated 12/24/2005 7:51:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
drtlhaupt at swissinfo.org writes:

It is my  impression that if we study each segment separately, we will lose
the  gestalt.  My children use multiple means of communication including
IM,
Chat, Blogging and -  not so much - Message Boards.

Within  this context, I see an entirety of communication happening.

Dr. Timothy  Haupt, Psy.D.

Hello Dr. Haupt,

And what about the non-verbal communication cues?  How does the  entirety of
communication happen without them?

Thanks.

Stephanie  Bennett

------------CLIP------------------

Therein lies the difficulty.  A lot of assumptions are made that may or may
not be accurate.

other questions I have regard cultural context.  What of cultural context?
What drives the context?  Or does the medium drive the context?

I'm researching these questions and reading this newsgroup to find out.

My biggest concern are the non-verbal cues.  Of course, the web-cams assist
in that kind of context, but what of us who do not wish our image to be
broadcast and, therefore, captured all over the internet?

I have mostly questions at this juncture.

Dr. Timothy Haupt, Psy.D.
"People should be judged by  the content of their character" - MLK, Jr.