[Air-l] CITSA 2006

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:33:36 PST 2006

I apologize, I misunderstood, I thought you were asserting that from
your position on the editorial board and were seeking a response from
people here.  I must have misread.

I don't think that you should feel bad about this, it is an honest
mistake, the conferences are meant to be broadly appealing and the
journal does seem real enough, one of my colleagues at Virginia Tech
published an article in it apparently.  The key to preventing the
circulation of this 'conference spam' is to just send out conference
information about the conferences in which you have relationships
with or are familiar with, that's a guideline that I tend to follow.

I do want to thank our Librarian Colleague though
On Jan 19, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Homero Gil de Zuniga wrote:

> Brenda and all,
>  I did the same, and since the entire issue started to seem pretty
> bizarre,
> I wanted to give them the opportunity to explain their position in
> this
> matter (apparently, there is an "Indian Institute of Technology"
> behind as
> well....)
> Jeremy, I do not entirely understand why you mention "Let us take a
> moment
> to consider your journal". It is not my journal, I'm not part of the
> editorial board and I have never published there. On the other hand
> it is
> true that I received the call for papers and circulated it to the
> list.
> Thus, in any case, I feel bad because I have contributed to circulate
> conference spam as Elijah named them.
> I still keep a slight hope that someone from the editorial board will
> explain their position. At this point everything indicates that
> they are not
> trustworthy.
> HGZ

jeremy hunsinger