[Air-l] Fwd: CFP: Internationalizing Internet Studies (1/31/06; collection)

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Wed Jan 18 05:48:48 PST 2006

Re:

> 'Internationalizing Internet Studies'
>
> Call for papers for a edited collection by
> Gerard Goggin (University of Sydney) & Mark McLelland (University of
> Wollongong)

<snip>

On the occasion of this interesting and important announcement, let me
comment that many of the important issues and themes to be addressed in this
anthology are at the heart of the biennial conferences on "Cultural
Attitudes towards Technology and Communication" (CATaC) and related
publications (e.g., the most recent special issue of the Journal of
Computer-Mediated Communication).

Scholars and researchers interested in those issues and themes may find
CATaC'06 - coming up this June 27-July 1, in Tartu, Estonia - to be a useful
and enjoyable venue for exploring their ideas and insights with colleagues
and cohorts who share these interests.
On behalf of my co-chair, Fay Sudweeks, I cordially invite those interested
in these topics to review the CFP for CATaC'06 and related materials on our
conference website - www.catacconference.org - and to consider submitting a
proposal for presentation and/or attending the conference to glean and
discuss with colleagues both formally and informally some of the best and
most current research and scholarship in these domains.

All best wishes,

Charles Ess

Distinguished Research Professor,
Interdisciplinary Studies <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435
Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html

Co-chair, CATaC'06: http://www.catacconference.org
Co-chair, ECAP'06: http://www.eu-cap.org

Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23