[Air-l] CITSA 2006

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu Jan 19 05:08:20 PST 2006

Personally, If i were you, I'd resign from that journal's board
before you end up on someone's  blacklist like http://www.anti-
plagiarism.org/  . The accusations about several of these conferences
seem to be very real.  They are for-profit machines.  You submit a
paper, you pay the registration, someone gets a percentage  of that
registration, and everyone is happy.  They admittedly have little or
no peer review, and they accept randomly generated papers.   Let us
take a moment to consider your journal.

it is hosted by  International Institute of Informatics and
Cybernetics  which does not seem to exist except to host your journal
and several of the conferences listed on the list that Alex posted
and the blacklist above.
it is edited by the two people directly implicated in the conference
which led to this scandal:http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/blog/

so then, what is the content of this journal?  who sits on the
editorial board?  where have they published?  where does this journal
rank in isi?   what do subject area librarians think of this
journal?  ask around and see, ask your advisor or dept. head about
this journal, then tell them about the blacklist and the scandal, and
see what they say.   my advice would be to distance yourself from
this enterprise.

On Jan 19, 2006, at 12:50 AM, Homero Gil de Zuniga wrote:

> Maybe someone in the editorial board would like to take the time to
> reply to
> the AoIR list about this accusation...
> PS. Please note that this e-mail is being sent to both the AoIR
> list and the
> editorial board of the Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and
> Informatics
> with ISSN: 1690-4524
> HGZ
>
> Let's see if someone clarifies this!!!  :-)

jeremy hunsinger
jhuns at vt.edu
www.cddc.vt.edu
jeremy.tmttlt.com