[Air-l] Any opinions about Opinio web survey software

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Wed Jul 5 02:04:38 PDT 2006

Hi Denise, all,
in my research group we are currently undertaking
an evaluation of all Web surveying software we
are aware of. These are about 400 different
products. We are half way through the evaluation.
In the first step we boiled down the large number
of tools to about 30, using three criteria that
seemed most important to us: freeware or low
price, platform independence, availability of
item randomization.

Surveymonkey (now Opinio) is one of the 30, and
independent from this evaluation we have heard
many positive reports from users. Also, one of
the leading Web surveying experts, Dr. Michael
Bosnjak, recommends it with convincing arguments.

We will continue with our evaluation by applying
further selection criteria and evaluate and
experimentally test about 10 tools for use by
laypeople and experts in Web surveying. And then
let you know what we found :-)

Best --u
--
PD Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips