[Air-l] Roger Silverstone

Sue Cranmer sue at jcranmer.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 07:26:34 PDT 2006

Sad message from Christine Geraghty at the LSE.

Dear colleagues

We are sorry to tell you the very sad news of Roger Silverstone's death
yesterday. We would be most grateful if you would pass this on to other
colleagues and to any distribution lists of Media and Communucations
scholars which you maintain.

Many thanks and best wishes

ROGER SILVERSTONE
15 JUNE 1945  - 16 JULY 2006
Convenor, Department of Media and Communications, LSE

The faculty, staff and students mourn the sudden passing of Roger
Silverstone, who died peacefully on 16 July surrounded by his family.
Roger had undergone corrective surgery last week but died of
complications yesterday morning.

This news has come as a profound shock to all of us in Roger's
Department of Media and Communications, the wider LSE community, and
will deeply affect very many people around the world whose lives were
touched by Roger (
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/whosWho/rogerSilverstone.htm
)

If you need more information, please email Jean Morris at
jean.morris at lse.ac.uk  or call 020 7955 6490, and we will reply as soon
as we can. We ask your patience and cooperation at this difficult time.

Tributes - a webpage of tributes and condolences is being established,
and will be posted later this week. If you would like to email tributes
please send these to tributes at lse.ac.uk

Jean Morris
Administrator
Dept of Media and Communications