[Air-l] : postgresql and mysql

Charlie Balch charlie at balch.org
Tue Jul 25 09:30:03 PDT 2006

Elijah,
I've read good things about postgresql (http://www.postgresql.org/about/). I
don't know why postgresql is not more popular. Portability is going to be a
major concern when I do my next rewrite. While postgresql runs on many
platforms, it does not seem to have the installed base of MySQL.

Running with multiple DBs, languages, etc. will require exponential
complexity for my BIRAT (http://biart.net) statistical code. If BIRAT
becomes popular enough, I'll do it or perhaps others will join in this open
source project.

Charlie