[Air-l] Dance Dance (no) Revolution

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Sun Jul 16 13:48:58 PDT 2006

Some of my students did a video documentary on DDR last semester - I
will dig it up and make it available on the web, if there is interest.

On 7/16/06, Mary K. Bryson <mary.bryson at ubc.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was watching two boys playing Dance Dance Revolution yesterday, and
> thinking yet again about economies of attention in media spaces, and how
> this interface seems to shift typical (western) understandings about bodies,
> gender and sexuality. So I wondered if someone has already written something
> really savvy about this "game" and these modalities and juxtapositions. I
> have searched multiple times for something good on DDR and culture, and not
> yet found it. If you know of something, I would really appreciate it if you
> might let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mary

Richard Smith, Associate Professor School of Communication
Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, CANADA V6B 5K3
Phone: 604 291 5116 Web: http://www.sfu.ca/~smith/