[Air-l] Critical Mass - correction

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 23:08:35 PDT 2006

Note:
Philip Ball not Stephen Ball wrote _Critical Mass_

And I guess his title gives one a clear idea on the
scope of the book:

Critical Mass: How one thing leads to another -
"Being a critical inquiry into the interplay of chance
and necessity in the way that human culture, customs,
institutions, cooperation and conflict arise"

2004, Arrow Books (Random House Ltd) London

Cheers, Denise

--- William Bain <willronb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Could I just briefly note on Denise N. Rall's
> mention of Stephen Ball's _Critical Mass_
> that judging from comments on the book on the Web it
> seems impossible for it to be off topic. We are
> indeed all connected. I recently read Michael
> Whitworth's _Einstein's Wake_ and think it well
> worth a look in terms of the common metaphors of
> "science" and "letters" (or "art" or whatever
> opposite suits). I hope soon to get to _Critical
> Mass_
>
>   Thanks for the post!
>

> William Bain
> PhD Student
> Comparative Literature
> Department of Spanish Philology
> Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona

Denise N. Rall, PhD thesis in revision, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tuesdays: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 or Mobile 0427 245 497
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/index.html
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html