[Air-l] typos in chat

paul teusner paul.teusner at rmit.edu.au
Sun Jul 23 13:24:32 PDT 2006

My daughter is in the first grade, and so her writing often has errors. She
has been taught by her English teacher that when she makes a mistake she
places an X next to the word and tries to write again. That way, her pages
aren't filled with scribbles and scratching. I remember being taught the
same method when I was six and seven. Could that be an origin?

paul teusner