[Air-l] drugging oz

Fay Sudweeks F.Sudweeks at murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jul 31 17:26:17 PDT 2006

> we xray ALL incoming luggage for banned imports  - ie fruit, flowers
etc -
> that pose biohazard.

Check this website:
http://www.daff.gov.au/content/publications.cfm?Category=Australian%20Qu
arantine%20fixand%20Inspection%20Service&ObjectID=91BEA21E-F661-4C28-993
E5D87CAB8AF20#declare

for the full list of items that must be declared (and most likely will
be confiscated). Basically forget about bringing in any food items,
plants, animal products, seeds, nuts, wood, even airline snacks.

If you fail to declare or dispose of any quarantine items, or make a
false declaration:

- you will be caught;
- you could be fined $220 on-the-spot; or
- you could be prosecuted and fined more than $60,000 and risk 10 years'
jail.

BTW, we welcome all visitors to Australia, especially everyone traveling
to Brisbane for IR7.0 :-)

Fay