[Air-l] commodification of online spaces

Rebekah Willett R.Willett at ioe.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 10:35:40 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Is anyone doing work or can anyone suggest work that's been done around the commodification of spaces for children and young people such as MySpace, Neopets, Habbohotel or Flickr?  I'm particularly interested in spaces that are for designed youth participation/production.  I've found one reference to Neopets (Harris) and one to Habbohotel (Seiter).  Thanks!

Rebekah Willett

Centre for the Study of Children, Youth and Media
Institute of Education, University of London