[Air-l] CMC, ICT, digital communication (and ahem, mobile communication)

richard-seyler.ling at telenor.com richard-seyler.ling at telenor.com
Mon Jul 24 14:13:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

One thing that is classically overlooked is the electronically mediated
communication via mobile devices (specifically the mobile phone).    CMC
excludes it specifically while when talking about ICT and really meaning
computer based IP traffic, the omission is somewhat different.

I know that IP based interaction is coming via mobile devices (WiFi,
mobile IM, mobile e-mail, etc) but obviously I think that it is also
worthwhile to consider mobile telephony and mobile text based
interaction)

Rich L.