[Air-l] : postgresql and mysql

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Tue Jul 25 11:43:37 PDT 2006

> I think the "problem" with postgresql is that it is an enterprise level
> system. Enterprise level systems require a lot of expertise to install,
> maintain, and program. On the other hand they are more stable and
> efficient.

PostgreSQL is actually LESS trouble than mysql.  ;)  I'd argue that
they're both on a fairly similar playing field - both unix daemons, both
intended to have someone paying attention to what's up with them, both
relatively reliable.

Postgresql just doesn't, um, do things like *lose all of your data*
periodically.

> http://docs.moodle.org/en/Arguments_in_favour_of_PostgreSQL - I'm
> convinced.

Good.  :)