[Air-l] CMC, network of networks

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Wed Jul 26 16:01:54 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I just asked Elbot (http://www.elbot.com/), whom
I featured as some kind of boundary condition in
a chapter on CMC recently, on his opinion about
this discussion, and he replied "I don't know. I
also do not know what Furbys are. I just accept
them and hope that they don't eat robots."

After thinking a bit on the difference between
CMC and ICT he also said that "The virtual
difference is about 27 megabytes."

Finally he added that we should realize how lucky
we are we can communicate from human to human,
and even computer-mediated! He wouldn't dare to
be the computer though. And then went into some
kind of mechanical laughter spasm.

I know folks who remember when "online" was still
"on-line" and meant sitting at a computer
terminal. (Then, terminals were at a distance
from the main computer). Times change,
technologies change, terms change.

Cheers, --u

--
PD Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips

	    President, Society for Computers in Psychology (http://scip.ws)
	    Editor, International Journal of
Internet Science (http://www.ijis.net)
                     Universität Zürich
	    Psychologisches Institut
                     Rämistr. 62, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
	    *new address after Sept. 15: Binzmühlestr. 14/ Box 13, 8050 Zürich*

iScience portal (http://psych-iscience.unizh.ch/)