[Air-l] teaching with technology

Andrea Forte aforte at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jul 29 13:07:42 PDT 2006

Irina,

There is a growing literature on the use of wikis in education and nearly
all the research I know of is in colleges. Here are a few papers that
jump to mind:

Bruns, Axel and Sal Humphreys. (2005) "Wikis in Teaching and Assessment -
The M > Cyclopedia Project." Proceedings of WikiSym 2005.
http://snurb.info/files/Wikis%20in%20Teaching%20and%20Assessment.pdf

Forte, Andrea and Amy Bruckman. (2006) From Wikipedia to the classroom:
exploring online publication and learning. Proceedings of the
International Conference of the Learning Sciences, Vol 1. Bloomington, IN,
pp. 182-188.
(http://www-static.cc.gatech.edu/~aforte/ForteBruckmanFromWikipedia.pdf)

Lund, Andreas. (2006) "Is There a Space for the Teacher in a Wiki?"
Proceedings of WikiSym 2006.

Rick, J. and Guzdial, M. (2006). Situating CoWeb: A scholarship of
application. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative
Learning, 1(1):89-115. (http://home.cc.gatech.edu/je77/162)

Rick, J., Guzdial, M., Carroll, K., Hollaway-Attaway, L. and Walker, B.
(Rick is primary author.) (2002). Collaborative learning at low cost:
CoWeb use in English composition. In Proceedings of CSCL 2002, pages
435442. (http://home.cc.gatech.edu/je77/162)

			-Andrea Forte (aforte at cc.gatech.edu)