[Air-l] defining community

Jankowski nickjan at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 30 23:13:48 PDT 2006

Gustavo:

I would modestly add my own review of the literature in the Lievrouw
& Livingstone Handbook of New Media (Sage, updated student edition,
2006): "Creating Community with Media: History, Theories and
Scientific Investigations".

I have, incidentally, revised and expanded that chapter for a
University of Leicester course module regarding online community and
identity; I am willing to share that module with anyone who contacts
me off the list.

Nick Jankowski