[Air-l] drugging oz

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Jul 31 18:23:15 PDT 2006

On 7/31/06 8:00 PM, "Matthew Allen" <M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au> wrote:

> we xray ALL incoming luggage for banned imports  - ie fruit, flowers etc -
> that pose biohazard. If you are coming from a farm, get all the mud off your
> shoes.

True.  My first time there in 2004 was an interesting experience -- what
with the "amnesty bins" all over the airport as you await entry into the
country.  :)

Quarrantine-wise, on my trip to Gold Coast last month, they had no problem
with me bringing along a bunch of pre-wrapped Clif Bars (containing nuts)
that serve as my on-the-road snacks. And, to respond to the earlier point
about prescriptions, I brought 10 days' worth of various prescriptions in an
unmarked bottle thorugh Sydney Airport....they didn't ask to see any
prescription note or anything official.  I doubt you'll have problems.

> That said, we are an incredibly friendly bunch in Australia......

No argument there!

-rf