[Air-l] Reference on impact of resources going online

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 28 13:08:19 PDT 2006

Hi I don't have any hard data but in my legal studies BA I commented
a couple of times in term papers on the fact that laws are now
published on line. This is true in Canada.

While you probably don't want to reference my undergrad papers you
could look for the fact that laws and cases are now on-line and this
greatly helps lawyers in their research. They now save a lot of
previous phone and leg work in regards having current laws for a case.

Peter

On 28-Jul-06, at 3:42 PM, Caroline Haythornthwaite wrote:

> I'm looking for papers and/or discussion of the impact of
> governments putting
> information online, and who can then access that information. Can
> anyone help
> with reference(s) or author(s) on this topic? It may be with other
> discussions of the
> digital divide, or with e-government. I'd like something with data
> on who is and is
> not able to get this kind of informaton if possible, but also any
> discussion of the
> issue.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /Caroline

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Fall 2006 Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.