[Air-l] serve the server

Maciej Kos kos at gnu.univ.gda.pl
Fri Jun 9 15:36:34 PDT 2006

Hi Ted,

You could try locating a server with tracert command. In dos window
(start->run->cmd->[enter]) - tracert domainname.xxx i.e. tracert
www.google.com (more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traceroute)

For general info on: "How to find a host's geographical location ?" go here:
http://www.private.org.il/IP2geo.html

You may also try this:
http://kharkoma.homelinux.com/gmaps/gmaptc.html - tracert + google maps.

Some other, perhaps commercial software is here:
http://www.cybergeography.org/atlas/routes.html

Best,
Maciek

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:08:13 -0700 (PDT), Ted M Coopman wrote